Monday, July 9, 2012

Treasure Hunt


One of my favorite places to go when I need to make something for a client is the antiques market in downtown Franklin, TN. It is a historic district, so its easy to find great pieces. On this visit, I was looking for a unique cocktail table. This old Hibachi grill was definitely a treasure I could work with.




 Japanese Hibachi tables were used to heat rooms, brew tea, and grill food.
The grill portion opens up to a copper basin. The other small opening was for coal. This is how it transformed. The copper was restored with polish. The tray was remade out of glass to showcase the copper. Simple handles on the side finished it off.  The coal compartment could be used for a remote control or two, so I gave it a decorative knob. Then fitted the small drawers with fresh knobs as well. Finally, took off the side runners and painted it a creamy white.     Voila!





No comments:

Post a Comment