Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Easter Table setting

5 Ways to set a Perfect Tablescape this Easter





1. Start with a runner that compliments your color scheme.
 Since I have such a dark wood, I used a runner I made with orange, gold, and green. 
It sets the tone and softens your table.


2. Find a floral arrangement that will add height and draw the eye up.
I chose green hydrangeas with lavender and cattail spruces. The white vase is a 
beautiful contrast while incorporating the plates.


3. Add items with various heights and colors to dance along your table runner.


I chose two of these votive holders found at pier one. 


The blue Fenton Glass piece is from my grandmother. And the sweet chicky
 is a salt and pepper shaker.



This carrot bowl holds the all important jelly beans or favorite Easter candy.


4. Let your family get involved. 
I had my kids Paint Easter eggs to add to the centerpiece.
I love when a home can reflect those living there and not just a favorite store. 



This time we used plastic eggs because they smell better and we have so many. 




5. Make your linens work the table.
A special table setting has a story on the plate. It could be place setters or 
layers of linens between plates. For this table I chose to make  a bunny ears napkin. 

This is the tutorial I used to make them.







I hope this inspires you to create your own Easter Table scape. And no, that is not a bunny in the corner, just my fat cat, Bob.  He is just enjoying the peaceful spring surroundings.

Let me know what you think in the comments below. 
I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment